Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

Mind Blowing Things About The Tui

 In Te Ngahere we have been learning about the native bush and the critters that live in the bush. We had to find research about any animal in the native bush. We went for a walk to see if we can see the animals we did our research about. There were a lot of producers and a little bit of consumers. Producers are trees and consumers are the birds. I picked the tui before I began my research I already knew a few facts about the tui such as, what they eat, what they look like and that they have little pom poms on their neck that help them sing. Through my research, which I mostly used google for I found out what the tuis  scientific name was, it is  Prosthemadera novaeseelandiae and that there are actually two subspecies of tui, there is the New Zealand Tui and the Chatham Island tui. Tui can be very territorial and aggressive if they are feeding from a tree they may get very vocal and chase away others including other tui. 


After doing my research I now know that they're actually are two kinds of tui and tui’s may get really aggressive when it comes to feeding or territorial.

Have you ever heard a tui sing before ?

No comments:

Post a Comment